We don’t just give students an education and experiences that set them up for success in a career. We help them succeed in their career—to discover a field they’re passionate about and dare to lead it.
The Philips University grew out of the Philips College, an institution of Higher Education which has a proud history of providing high quality education for over 40 years.
In its short history, the Philips College has achieved considerable success through the insistence on maintaining high academic standards.
Philips University places great importance on the emotional, psychological and social maturity of students, arising from the strong belief that students should be provided with ample opportunities to develop such attributes.
All students are encouraged to participate actively in sports and related physical education activities. This approach rests on the belief that such activities help students become good team players. Social relationships are thus developed through play and interaction.
Outstanding student experiences will be achieved by:
• Supporting a safe and stimulating learning environment.
• Developing in partnership with academic staff, an environment that improves student retention and achievement;
• Recognizing and celebrating the diversity of the University community;
• Improving recruitment, retention, achievement and future employment of international students through the provision of responsive services;
• Supporting a healthy campus environment;
• Outstanding and safe Campus Environments;
• Strengthening Engagement;
• Developing and sustaining individual Capability.
Students are encouraged to use their initiative and to develop relationships with organizations outside the University. In this way, students can contribute in a wider sphere thus not limiting the benefits of their contribution only to the University. Such relationships span social welfare organizations and other related bodies. During national celebrations students participate actively with non-University bodies to ensure the success of such activities a success.