Tuition Fees

Tuition Fees

Philips University receives no direct support from any government body.  It therefore relies entirely on tuition fees for its income and financial viability.  Fees are calculated on the basis of real economic costs of study.  Consequently, the University authorities must be satisfied that a student’s fees will be met throughout the duration of his/her program of studies at the University.

A student is not officially registered until payment is made in full.  Unless all the financial obligations to the University have been satisfied, a student cannot register, graduate or have a transcript issued.  Students facing unexpected financial problems may apply in writing to the University for an extension of payment, which will consider each case on its merits.  Filing an application does not imply automatic deferment.

Any student may be suspended from the University fifteen days after receiving official notice of failure to discharge his/her financial obligations.

No student shall be permitted to sit for final examinations, or to register for a new semester, until financial obligations have been met.


Refund Policy

Tuition fees are normally payable at the beginning of each semester.  It is the general policy of Philips University not to refund tuition fees.  In exceptional cases of compassion, for example debilitating illness, the University may agree to refund part of the tuition fees after careful consideration of evidence.

  • A student who fails to get an entry visa is entitled to a refund. An administrative charge of €500.00 will be deducted, covering application processing and visa expenses. In addition, bank charges will be deducted.
  • A student who secures an entry visa to Cyprus but fails to register is not entitled to a refund.
  • A student who finds it necessary to withdraw from the University after his/her registration is not entitled to any refund.


Withdrawal Policy

A student who finds it necessary to withdraw from Philips University is not entitled to any refund and is required to consult with the Departmental Chairperson.  The date of withdrawal from the University and the symbol “NC” (No credit) for each course are recorded on the student’s transcript of record.  Students who withdraw from the University without first consulting the Departmental Chairperson will not be granted honourable dismissal.