All international, non-European Union students need to obtain a visa to study in Cyprus. Students must apply within the deadlines set by the University in order for the documents to be submitted to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth and Migration Authorities for further approval.
All documents must be translated into English. Applications with documents in different languages will not be evaluated.
Applicants are required to pay the first year tuition fee in advance before the beginning of studies and email bank slip payment to the Admissions Office.
A minimum payment of €3,000 against tuition fees should be made to the Admissions Office (prior to sending the visa required documents) via bank transfer. The Cyprus Migration Department will NOT accept applications for a student visa if the University is unable to present evidence of payment.
All the above documents must first be sent via email to the University to [email protected] for confirmation. Then, all ORIGINAL documents must be mailed to the University at:
PHILIPS UNIVERSITY, Admissions Office,
4 – 6 Lamias street,
In the case of nationalities for whom a visa interview is required, the student may provide the University with scanned copies of the documents via email. The student will present the original documents during the visa interview.
Applicants who are nationals of EU countries can enter the Republic of Cyprus as visitors. On arrival at Philips University they must submit the following documents to the Admissions Office:
1. A fully completed application form;
2. An application fee of Euro 100 (non-refundable);
3. Attested (certified true) copies of their academic qualifications;
4. Evidence of proficiency in English;
5. A photocopy of their passport. The passport should be valid for at least two years from the date of their arrival to Cyprus;
6. A recent Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the police of the candidate’s country of origin or residence, if necessary translated in Greek or English.